The Greater Spokane Association of Evangelicals
is the local affiliate of the National Association of Evangelicals. The national Association of Evangelicals was developed over 60 years ago under the leadership of the National conference for United Action Among Evangelicals in St. Louis, Missouri On April 7, 1942. Dr. J. Edwin Wright became the steering wheel for this group of evangelical leaders. Over the years, the national leadership has emerged from evangelical denominations within the association. The national body consists of 49 member denominations, 43,000.
“In essentials unity. In distinctive liberty. In all things charity.”
This is the desired motivation of the National Association of Evangelicals. The Mission of the National Association of Evangelicals is to extend the Kingdom of God through a fellowship of member denominations, churches, organizations, and individuals demonstrating the unity of the body of Christ by standing for Biblical truth, speaking with a representative voice, and serving the evangelical community through united action, cooperative ministry, and strategic planning.
The GSAE joined the NAE in or around 1955 and has been active in creating and organizing many local ministries.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three person: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, In his miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His Personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.